In this section the author answers questions that have been put to him about the contents of the novel.
If you have a question to ask, please submit it via the contact form.
- could our civilisation recover from a global catastrophe?
- do you believe it is possible to predict the future?
- has the catastrophe already happened?
- have you ever experienced the kind of collective consciousness that you describe in the novel?
- how realistic is the digester that appears in the book?
- is it realistic to live off energy from the sun?
- is the "Lucifer Bug" an entirely fictional creation?
- the teams in your novel seem very prepared - how do people who are not prepared help themselves?
- What was the inspiration for your book?
- what would be the ideal team for surviving a catastrophe?
- what would you most like to preserve after a catastrophe, and why?
- why all the science?
- why did you bring the subject of dominance and submission into a science fiction story?
- why did you use PVC as your choice of plastic?
- you say that quantum theory can explain consciousness - explain please?
- you talk about the "information field" in the novel - isn't this a bit esoteric?